Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Sense of Style

I finally figured out how to replicate the patterns in Hawaiian shirts, and I do LOVE me some Hawaiian shirts. I simply had to free myself from some notion that there was a "set" way to make the pattern and allow the clay to speak for itself. I've also made these in fire-engine red, hot pink, fuschia, flourescent green, sunshine yellow, and turquoise. I love them all! I used to worry about my sense of style. I wanted to dress like all the other teachers, but sweater sets and conservative skirts just didn't feel quite right. I've tried, honestly, I've tried. For years I bought the denim jumpers with apple appliques, the knitted vests with pictures of chalkboards and all the rest. Now I've realized that it just doesn't matter as much as I once thought it did. As long as you are comfortable and clean, you can wear whatever you want. (Aaaand I'll make you a bracelet to match too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment